4.25.2015

Planning the nursery

I'm not going to lie, when I found out we were pregnant, decorating the nursery was probably one of the things I was most excited about (right behind the actual baby, of course). The secret interior designer that lives inside of me just could not wait to decorate a room from scratch, top to bottom. 

It was overwhelming at first, mainly because I had a hard time finding anything that I actually liked enough to build a room around. After searching and searching for a crib quilt, I finally asked myself why? Babies don't even use those dang quilts, at least not at first. So I threw out the idea of finding one and instead I just started pulling together things I liked. I went a little beach-y with it, because it just feels right for this time in our lives (we're hoping to buy a vacation home on the beach this year, more on that later). It's soft and feminine and uses pink, which is usually so not me ... but I just love it. I'm sure what we end up with in real life will vary a bit from this board, but the idea will be the same. I can't wait to see how it turns out, and will surely post updates. 
Get the look: flush mount lighting | oyster print | surfer print | flamingo print | pineapple print | crib | side table | ceramic pineapple | glider | pillow | knit pouf | floor lamp | rug | dresser | table lamp | hamper | tassel curtains | polka dot sheets | striped blanket

2 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised this stuff is amazing? I can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is seriously so cute. girly, without being toooo girly ... and not anything that Baby Otero (or Mama Otero) will hate in a year. love it!

    ReplyDelete